Believing That Life is a Gift (Season 3, Ep. 5)
In this episode, Ben and Jim discuss the declaration, “That my life is a gift, Jesus I trust in you,” from the prayer, The Litany of Trust, which you can learn about below.
- About the Liturgy of the Hours
- Psalms for morning: Psalms 57, 63, 77, 90, 103, 143
- Psalms for night: Psalms 91, 121, 130, 139
- About St. Josephine Bakhita
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life, Henry Cloud
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Viktor Frankl
During this season on Trust, you will hear Ben and Jim discuss various aspects of a prayer called The Litany of Trust. The prayer has two sections, one with what are called “renunciations” and another with “declarations.” The power of this prayer is found in the way it guides you through renouncing lies that keep you from trusting in God and declaring truths about the trustworthiness of God. Speaking this prayer out loud and meditating on sections that strike you can have a profound impact on your growth in trust and security. You can view and download a copy of the prayer from the Sisters of Life website here.