Creative Uses of Art and Music Therapy (Season 5, Ep. 7)
In this episode, Jim and Ben discuss some creative ways that art and music therapy are utilized. They end the episode by challenging themselves to engage in an artistic process for their own personal growth. Tune in to episode 8 to hear how it went!
- Music therapy for burn and stroke victims, Huffington Post
- Music therapy for adult and pediatric cancer patients, Global Advances in Health and Medicine
- Art therapy for prison inmates with depression, ResearchGate
- Visual journaling, Journal of Creativity in Mental Health
- Telehealth music therapy, Incadence
Jim Owens – Licensed Counselor and Professor of Counseling
Ben Pohl – Catholic High School Campus Minister
During our season on The Healing Power of Art, we discuss the way in which various forms of art and creativity can foster interior health and healing and how it can even support physical health due to its psychological benefits.
Seasons of The Healing Road Podcast consist of ~10 episodes and cover broad topics. Mini-Series‘ consist of ~5 episodes and tackle specific and relevant issues, like anxiety, healthy habits, etc.